Kreed had another tournament this weekend. He was excited. He wanted to get a medal so bad this time around. He kept telling everyone that he was going to get one. He worked hard at practice and actually went to bed on time so that he would be ready for it. I love watching him wrestle. He is so great at it. Since the last tournament something clicked for him. Before he would just wrestle for fun, not really caring if he won or lost. But all of a sudden he was determined to win. He got better almost instantly. It was crazy to watch him transform his thinking in just one night.
He was ready to go early on Saturday. He was going to be wrestling kids that he has wrestled before. All of which he has lost to in the past. His first match he fought hard but lost. The second match was much easier for him it seemed. He was determined to win. He did. He pinned him.
The third match was the match that I was dreading. He was wrestling the girl that has always beat him with points. I was extremely nervous for him. He kept telling me that he was going to win. And Kaleb kept telling me that Kreed would win. She is one tough cookie though. They both fought a good fight. But Kreed fought better. He pinned her!!!! He was so excited. He kept saying to Kaleb "thanks dad for telling me I would win". 
After that win it put him in the running for a medal. We were all so excited. Kreed had never made it this far in a tournament. His next opponent is a great wrestler. He shoots fast and is great at it. He kept getting Kreed on his back. I have never seen Kreed fight so hard. He was red in the face and was trying really hard not to cry. He was ticked. The other kid ended up pinning Kreed. But Kreed went out with a fight. It was the best match I have ever seen him do. I am so proud of Kreed. He placed 3rd and got his medal. He is so proud of that. He didn't take it off all day Saturday.
1 comment:
Way to go kreed!! What an amazing job he did aunt halley is so proud of you tough guy!
Post a Comment