Tuesday, July 10, 2012

King Salmon

King Salmon are HUGE!!! When Kaleb kept talking about wanting to go king fishing I wasn't that into it. I thought it was more salmon fishing. Catching 5-8 pounders. Don't get me wrong that was a blast but I just thought that is what he was talking about.

So when we decided to go king fishing I let him go ahead of us and told him to call if he got anything....... well he did call about 15 min later. This is what I come up to when I go and find him -


We went fishing with our friends Jimmy and Cindy and their kids. Both Kaleb and Jimmy had hooked and brought up kings at the same time.

Even Kreed got to catch a King. It was almost as big as him. It almost took him in the water, and he almost lost the rod a couple times. He can't wait to go again. Kreed wouldn't stop bugging us to catch another one.




Kaleb caught another big one. He was so excited for this trip.


Oh yeah, be jealous. That fish that Kaleb is holding here is the massive, once-in-a-lifetime King salmon that took me about 1 hour to get in. Kaleb fell in trying to keep it from going down river into faster currents and my Iphone took a spill. It was worth the wait and hassle.  This is the biggest fish that I have ever caught. I cannot believe how much fun it was to get one of these legendary fish.

No comments: