Monday, January 16, 2012

There was an Intruder last night









So I went outside to go get some food out of the garage this morning, as I was walking back in to to the house I noticed a set of prints/trail going all the way from the back fence up to the house and all around our backyard. I was so freaked out. I ran into the house and locked all the doors and closed all the curtains in the house. (there is only curtains on one window). I come from a place that has real criminals, I was really freaking out. So I tried to call Kaleb but he was at work and didn't answer. So I called Mom. She was asking all kinds of questions...... well where are they going? what do you think they were looking for? do you see them going away? why in the world do you not lock your doors Katie Dawn? you need to call the cops and have them check to make sure that they are gone.......... So I take a picture and send it to Kaleb. He calls back a little while later while I am still freaking out wondering if they are in the play house or in the owners RV trying to get warm or maybe they are in my van. He tells me that by looking at the picture on his phone that I sent him that they are moose tracks. MOOSE TRACKS?!?!?! Really? You think you can get that just by a crappy picture from my phone?? Really??? Cause you think that the way the tracks go through our yard instead of around our yard that it could only be Moose. I called Dad and was face-timing with him when I got the courage to go back out (since he could see if someone/something attacked me), because in my haste to lock the doors I really didn't stop to look to see the tracks. I go looking and there is a set of tracks by our drive way that are crystal clear. And damn it, guess what, Kaleb was right!!!!!!!! Yep stinking Moose tracks. They are all over my back yard. There were 2 different sets. They were eating my trees. And yes they are big, that is my size 9 boot print right next to one of the prints left behind by the intruders. I am disappointed that none of us did get to see them. Kaleb will never let me live this one down. So one heart attack down and a million more to go living in Alaska.

3 comments:

tami said...

what was this about.....? No story, just a crazy teaser!

KKGK Jones said...

Sorry I hit publish on accident. But it is all fixed now. :)

tami said...

LOL....a MOOSE! You are living in Animal Kingdom!